I find myself walking and looking down a lot. I call it the “thoughtful” or “troubled soul” way of walking depending on life’s events. I also find it a way of keeping the world “small” and somewhat controllable. Then I realize what I am doing and look up…and am amazed how that small movement can change my attitude. I stop then pivot my view and look straight up at the trees just beginning to bloom, the blue sky and the rushing clouds. And though I want to control everything in my life, it is good for me to pause in wonder and awe at life around me. I become aware I am part of a larger story…one totally out of my control and that it’s okay to let go, be at peace in the moment, and just rest my swirling thoughts.
After making a comment on-line about my desire yet hesitant need to post some personal opinions, a friend posted this response:
“The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one’s own.
Offend away, Pete”
Thanks, Mel! Continue reading “Soapbox”
Okay, every once in a while I read something which turns out to be something I have heard or read before. However, there are times when I run across the same material and an “Ah-Ha!” moment occurs. This is one of them. Continue reading ““The End” Momentarily Rescinded…Do I Need This Thing?”
A brief (or permanent?) interlude while the mind recovers from all of the attempts and self-imposed pressures of posting thoughts and reflections.
The domain and this material will remain for a while (after all it’s already paid for it) but new material may only appear…well, nowhere on-line.
Well, let’s just say life hands us new challenges…ones that require more attention and therefore pull us away.
And so, though I am still writing…short-ish stories…I will not feel the pressure to post new material.
Basically, I’m putting my Shoes On A Rail as far as these on-line postings are concerned.
When or if I return, I will ensure this site has an operable subscription link.
But for now…
What is RIND?
“Regrets If Not Done” – It’s a type of “bucket list” but focused on regret prevention. Continue reading “RIND”
Swimming requires knowledge, practice and overcoming fears.
- Knowledge on how to perform the strokes, breathing regime and kicks for the situation
- Practice to become more confident in the ability to handle yourself in the water and become better in the skills glide through the water safely.
- Overcoming the fears of drowning, the unknown and chaotic water events by hours of practice and knowledge will increase the confidence of how to handle ourselves.
I so much want to whine today but I will post the following instead:
- From the movie “Forever Strong”: Rick Penning & Coach Gelwix: “I don’t do ANYTHING to embarrass myself, my team and my family.”
- Our political parties (summarized from debates and ads): “I do EVERYTHING to embarrass and belittle the other party & candidates, my constituents, and my country.”
- Other political/media pundits: “I do EVERYTHING to divide, manipulate and exploit the fears and ideals of EVERYONE who does not support my way of thinking.”
So it’s been a busy time already. People are using the year 2020 to express their hopes this year will be filled with 20/20 Vision plans: where people can get back on track and have a real vision for their future. Continue reading “One Month Down Eleven To Go!”
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
It is amazing how I can go through a year being busy, being frustrated, being excited, being tired…and not take a moment to sit quietly and express any gratitude for the time I share with others. Continue reading “Adventure Gratitude Moment”
Story. Life Journey. Life Map. Timeline. Legacy. History. Impact.
Accumulation. Clutter. Stuff. Storage. Hoarding. Knick Knacks. Collectibles. Continue reading “Story”