After making a comment on-line about my desire yet hesitant need to post some personal opinions, a friend posted this response:
“The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one’s own.
Offend away, Pete”
With the CoronaVirus, flu, elections, tornados, storms, and earthquakes it is sometimes hard to see the good when the world focuses on the bad.
To ease the pain inflicted by the news and political media mayhem, I pray each of you has a moment to reflect on the infectious nature of a child’s giggle; the friends whose smiles light up their eyes and our hearts; the prayers, help and support of friends, family & yes, even strangers; and the beauty and wonder of nature.
- Be safe (pre-caution not panic).
- Use not-so-common sense (never knew it to be too common).
- Smile (if not for yourself then for others).
- Laugh (and share laughter).
- Hope (even those of us who are pessimists need this).
And as Dewitt Jones coined, “Celebrate what’s right with the world.”