“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
It is amazing how I can go through a year being busy, being frustrated, being excited, being tired…and not take a moment to sit quietly and express any gratitude for the time I share with others.
Whether you reflect and are grateful to God or life or circumstances, it is humbling to be filled with thankfulness for the chance to experience life and feel blessed for the little events and moments which shape our existence. So at this time, instead of taking time to write the details of the latest Adventures With Pa (fishing in COLD weather), I decided to jot down some of the activities we (Gmama and Pa) were honored to share with our kids and grandkids…and to pause as I write them to reflect and give thanks.
So, in no particular order, listed below is a partial 2019 list of activities and events:
- Carolina Cobras Football games
- Travel: Beach trips (hosted by our kids…Thank You!), and last-minute trips with family
- Outdoor fun: Kids In Park adventures, Obstacle Courses, Playgrounds, Splash Park, Ziplining, Fishing, Biking, and Hiking
- Trips to: Zoo, Science Centers and Children’s Museums
- Indoor play: Trampoline and Indoor Bounce Playgrounds
- Miniature Golf, Arcade and Playground time
- Movie Theater and Movies-at-Home time
- Creativity & Building: Painting, Playdoh, Legos, Lincoln Logs, Tinker toys, popsicle stick creations
- Simple “science” and creativity experiments>
- Horseback riding and Tanglewood Christmas Light display
- School-time activities
- Kids Sports activities: basketball, soccer, football, cheerleading, tae kwon do, swim team, dance et al
- Celebrations: Birthdays, anniversaries and holidays shared
- Hospital stays (grateful for doctors, nurses and healthy outcomes)
- Badminton & Balloon Badminton
- Video, Board and Card games
- Silly times, Goofy video-making times, Play-acting times, and Slow-motion video recordings
- Nature activities whether via full-body exposure or books and documentaries
- Story-time: Reading and writing stories
- Food: Snack time, Cooking cookies, Shared Meals whether in a home or at a restaurant
- Play and cuddle times with pets
- Icee, Shaved Ice and Ice Cream times
- Shhhh times: Library
- Store time (window shopping, pet store aka free zoo visiting, simple shopping trips)
- Water balloon and splash times<
What were the best times? All of them even when one or more of us became tired and cranky. We only have one life to live…and our adventure crew lives span those who are just starting out in life, those who are somewhere in the middle, and a few of us whose time grows shorter with each passing minute. And regardless of how much time we have spent on this earth, there is always something to be grateful for and it behooves us to take a moment to sit back and dwell in a moment of gratitude.
So, for those who take time and read this, may you also find a moment out of your busy life to just sit…and reflect…and cherish the moments you share with others, the sights you see, the experiences you have, and the short time we all are given with each other.